Responsible for the content on this website
Represented by the general manager Tobias Eichenwald
Phone: tel: +49 308 379 4444
VAT No.: DE294820161
listed in the commercial register of the local court Berlin Charlottenburg
Commercial register number - Part B of the commercial register - 160913
More How Tos
The Muse Blocks app needs to point to one Sonos speaker which we call your “main speaker”. Whenever you tap a Muse Block, music will start playing on this speaker and any speakers that are currently grouped with this main speaker.
Remove and add speakers to your main speaker after starting music
On the play screen next to the volume bar, hit the “speaker” icon. You will see your main speaker greyed out at the top. You can now remove and add any other speaker. Alternatively, you can do the same inside the Sonos app.
Change your main speaker
At any point in time, you can change your main speaker. Once you do this, all your Muse Blocks will start playing on the newly selected main speaker and any speaker that are currently grouped with that speaker (see above). To change your main speaker:
On the play screen next to the volume bar, hit the “speaker” icon. You will see your main speaker greyed out at the top. Click on it, and another grey popup screen will open. Now select your new “main speaker”. You can change this setting at any time in the future.
There are two main options to mount your Muse Blocks on a wall:
1. Using the included adhesive stickers
Every Muse Blocks package includes small, transparent adhesive stickers. Simply place on of the stickers on the back of a Muse Block and stick the block to your wall. The stickers are made from a special material so they won’t damage most walls. To remove a block from a wall that is attached using the included stickers, gently twist the block until it detaches from the wall. Don’t try pulling the block away from the wall without twisting. The block and sticker are likely to work again after removal but are not guaranteed to do so.
2. Using our Aluminium wall mount
Our aluminium wall mount will allow you to place and remove blocks on your wall. This is especially useful if you plan to hand blocks to someone like your kids or if you’re using Muse Blocks with Muse Play. If you don’t have a wall mount yet, please check them out here.
Once you receive the wall mount, remove the plastic on top of the adhesive strip on the back. Carefully choose a spot in your apartment where you would like to place the wall mount. Make sure that the wall mounts are level with the wall, and press the wall mount onto the wall. You can now place and remove Muse Blocks as you like.Please be careful when removing the wall mount to not damage your wall. To do this, gently and slowly twist the wall mount. There are many different wall materials so we cannot guarantee that there won’t be visible blemishes on your wall.
• Please make sure that you are using an iPhone Xs, Xr or newer.
• Background NFC reading only works on these phones. If you’re using an older iPhone or Android, please consider Muse Play.
• Please make sure that you you have iOS 14 or newer installed.
• Make sure that your screen is ‘awake’ and not black. On most newer iPhones, simply lift your iPhone so you can look at it. This should automatically wake your screen.
• The NFC sensor is on the back of your phone at the top. To get a feel for it, move the top of your iPhone slowly towards the Muse Block until you see a notification popup. You can get the best results not by touching the block with your phone but by holding your phone roughly 1 cm away from the block. Sometimes it can take a little bit of time until the scanning works.
Please make sure that the following are true:
• You are connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Sonos speakers and your Wi-Fi is functioning. This must be a 2.4 GHz network.
• Your Sonos is functioning. You can test this by opening the Sonos app and playing music directly.
• You have the right music services installed on your Sonos and they are authenticated (Spotify or Apple Music). To check this, please go to your Sonos app, and to your settings, then music services in the settings. If everything is installed and Sonos does not give you a warning, everything is fine.
• You have music stored music on the Muse Block you are trying to use. If you haven’t, please check our how to guide at the top.
Still having trouble or want a feature?
Muse Blocks are a relatively new product, so some features will take longer to implement. We’re actively committed to make this product better over time. If the guide above did not help, please feel free to reach out to us. You can send us a direct email under email@example.com or fill out the contact form below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
We’re looking forward to hear from you!
Your Muse Blocks Team ❤️